Because the Economics of Climate Change Report of the Organization of American States, estimates that the changes in weather patterns between 2010 and 2100 will result in the countries of this region annual losses equivalent to 1% of GDP.
Because the situation is particularly critical for Chile, which has 6 of the 9 characteristics identified by the United Nations as sources of vulnerability:
1. Low-lying coastal areas
2. Areas with fragile ecosystems
3. Areas lieable to forest decay
4. Areas prone to natura disasters
5. Areas prone to drought and desertification
6. Areas of high urban atmospheric pollution
Because, the way we can contribute is, precisely, referring to collaborate on projects that, while pursue economic benefits, are in turn neutral, or a contribution to the ecological and social. In short, contain the three defining elements of a Sustainable initiative.